Sunday, May 8, 2016

Rough Theater

Rough theater to me is using what you have around you to try and pull off something that is bigger than what you can do. From a very young age, I would take the family camera and just start rolling when i was playing. When i wasn't filming, I was actively thinking of the movie scenario or the awesome trailer that the movie would have. It was about as rough as it gets.

I really started my filmmaking career in middle school when i started using stop motion animation. My first film was about 2 ninjas fighting, just a basic sort of thing i guess. The end result was a little choppy and the fight ended before anything really began. I had no idea how much work it would take to complete projects like this. From there, I continued working, doing things in ways that were either completely wrong or just really time consuming, but that's learning for you.

Looking back, I can see that my past work was sort of like 6x1, and I think that is what i enjoy the most about this class. You just have to let go of your preconceived notions about films and become a kid again. The shorts we have made in class have taken a life of their own and even though they are odd, they deserve attention in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment