Sunday, May 8, 2016

6x1 projects finale!

Looking back at the semester, I have a hard time picking my favorite project, but because I have to rank them, I will try anyway.

1-Multi plane Animation: reminded me of the films i made when i was in high school. However, using the multiple levels to add depth was new. The only thing that was to bad was not having more time to work, but that is the definition of stop motion.

2-Freestyle: I think most people would say that this is the least favorite or at least in the bottom 3, but for me, I have worked solo on a lot of projects. I don't always like restrictions, but sometimes they open the doors to a completely new way of thinking.

3-Bolex: This project was unique and something that I have never done or probably would get to do without this class. It helped me to understand the history of film and gave me a thrilling experience. The saturday shoot was also more fun than I thought. You go in thinking "yay, the weekend is going to be used up by going to class!" to "That was so much fun, I feel like I know everyone in the class better now, maybe too better eeek!"

4-Rhythmic Edit: This project was very cool, because we had to film our partner doing some action or just being kind of random. I ended up filming Mason while longboarding, which was cool, but he also tried to board over his gopro.

5-Crowdsource: This project turned out great, but the process for me wasn't a favorite. I didn't have many friends to help with the frames, so i ended up doing around 20-25 myself. It wasn't bad, i just would rather spend more time doing a few than rushing to do all.

6-Film Manipulation: This project I have put here because, not because it is truly last, but because I have to. This project was very unique and I had never done anything like it before. I enjoyed every part of it, besides carrying loads of film in my backpack, which is not that bad. I would have never thought to do anything like this and I have found that it has impacted my other work and projects as well.

Overall, I really didn't want to rank these out like this, because each one serves as a stepping stone in the stairs of the class and the experience you have while taking it. They balance each other out and are all fun in unique ways.

Class Rating: 10/10 - Would take again.

No comments:

Post a Comment